#CrazyThankful


Originally Posted in June, 2016 - but actually still applies and even more so in July, 2017 along with the shout out to all my peeps who pulled me through the last few months of the past school year.  My heart is full and I am truly #crazythankful for you. 

So I bought this great bag at Hobby Lobby before the holidays. I LOVE bags, purses, totes..... This one was meant to be mine because it was half price making the cost below the "think twice before I buy it" threshold. Currently, it's hanging on the bedroom doorknob & I've looked at it like a gazillion times since it came home with me.  And I keep thinking, I'm always working on gratitude but am I really grateful? Do I just say it but never consider the feeling?  Like seriously grateful? Like crazy grateful?

Guilty……And like Alice, I give great advice, but seldom heed my own.  And that, my friends, will cost you in the end.

Reflecting on the past school year, I did a lot of blah blahing about some really awesome things with regard to professional learning, staying inspired, and dynamic learning.  Didn't do one.

Now, as I start unpacking my junk from the great bag I thought would inspire me to be grateful, I realize the first thing on my list-o-reflection is to consider #crazythankful  and mean it.  As frustrated as I am with things around me, I LOVE being a librarian with ALL that encompasses (tech fixer, research instructor, ethical use meanie, book lady, digital citizenship investigator……..).  I had great opportunities to teach, share, and represent with my tribe.  I created a 100% student safe library, according to my peep survey at FMS. I'm darn good at what I do.

Somewhere along the way this year, I lost sight of all of that.  Glad I found it in the bag.


Comments

Popular Posts