Trilogy

Montmaray Journals
So...yesterday I was shelving some books and passed by The Fitzosbornes at War  by Michelle Cooper which arrived a few months ago from one of our book services.  I had been mulling over reading it, but had hesitated because this was Book 3 in a series.  As it happens, over a week ago,  my assistant was cleaning out some drawers and came across three or four books that had never been cataloged.  Interestingly enough, one of them was The Fitzosbornes in Exile which was Book 2.  So again, I thought well, maybe I'll start with Book 2 and add Book 1 to my next purchase list. I opened up my Mackin (great book supplier - by the way) and looked the title of Book 1, Brief History of Montmaray. Since I  have our entire catalogue uploaded to Mackin - when I look up books the database tells me if I already own that title or have it on a list. Crazy, crazy - we already have that title in our collection.  Found it on the shelf. Check it out to myself. Happy girl.

And the moral of this story?  There isn't one except to say that sometimes things just come together in unexpected ways and isn't it fun to just appreciate the small things.

Comments

Popular Posts